This week has been a tough week. Working on a new schedule with Abigail hasn't been an easy thing for her... or me. When we were at the grocery store last week I picked up a few Hot Wheels since they were on sale and Abby has seemed to be on a 'car' kick lately. We got home and she loved them. So I picked up a few more at my last visit, and decided to keep them tucked away for special days. Well this week has been one of those weeks, and having an extra two to three hours a day to entertain has caused me to get creative. But being 9 weeks away from my due date, there is little energy left some days.
Enter the blessing box. I wanted to give Abigail the toys, but I wanted to do it in more of a meaningful way. At church last Sunday the pastor spoke on blessings, and I immediately thought of the blessing box. So I decided I'd decorate an old shoe box that I could use over and over, as a box the kids would recognize when they saw it. I know Abby is only 15 months, and it doesn't quite sink it just yet, but I know the visual box will help stimulate the memories of her little blessings, and where blessings come from.
She enjoyed the box, poked and prodded a few times, and then finally gave a whine to indicate, "Mom, what is this? Can you open it please?" She immediately snatched up her new toy, and around the room she went with it. After a minute passed, I think she realized that there was something in that box, and if she went back to open it again, maybe there'd be another one...
Nope, sorry Abigail. Just one car this time!
"Every good and perfect gift comes from the Lord..." James 1:17
I hope you enjoy your little blessing, Abigail!





No comments:
Post a Comment