We've been working on getting Abigail ready for Annabella's arrival and one of the changes we decided to make was a schedule shift. Abby's original schedule had her in bed at seven pm and awake by seven am with two daytime naps, one around 9:30 and one around 2:30. It was a great schedule and she got a lot of sleep. So why mess with a good thing? I know I'm asking myself the same question. But I know working on this now before Annabella arrives will make the transition much easier when our newborn arrives home. We are shifting bed time to 8:00 pm hoping it will shift her wake up time to 8:00 am. So far it seems like that has been working out. Now it's nap times that are causing the biggest issues. We are trying to shift to one longer nap in the middle of the day. It hasn't been as successful yet, but I know it will take time for her body to adjust. In the meantime I think all the lack of sleep and missed naps have made our sweetheart get sick. Poor girl has a little cold. I hope it heals quickly because this poor baby (and her mother!) need a break!!
I've been trying to get creative with our extra time during the day and sometimes I need a little break. So the other day we got our snack and milk and had some cartoon time. I made Abby a seat of pillows and she laid back and enjoyed the show!
I've been trying to get creative with our extra time during the day and sometimes I need a little break. So the other day we got our snack and milk and had some cartoon time. I made Abby a seat of pillows and she laid back and enjoyed the show!


No comments:
Post a Comment