I gave Chris this invitation after our dinner at Applebees (which has an awesome new cheese-stuffed meatball pasta that I thought was SOOO good, by the way!!). Chris agreed to be my date and off to Barnes and Noble we went! Once we got there, I handed him this:
The rules were for both of us to find a book in each section, first in the Recipe section- to find a meal that you'd like to make for your spouse. Then off to the Magazine section to find a quiz to challenge your spouse (which was very hard- we weren't very successful with that one- oh well!). And lastly to go to the children's section and find a book that was your favorite, and share it with your spouse.
Chris chose cinnamon churros and I chose shepherd's pie. I'd definitely like to try his cinnamon churros- if we can ever get a deep fryer!! And I've never done any Irish cooking before, so I thought it'd be fun to learn an Irish necessity!
One of my favorite books I remember when I was little was a cute, silly book I made my dad read to me over and over and over...
Anyone else have an undeniable love for Grover?
Chris chose two giant poem books by Shel Silverstein: Where the Sidewalk Ends & A Light in the Attic. We had fun reading a few silly poems and admiring his silly artwork!
The next half of the bookworm date included three new categories:
Before we shared our final three choices with each other, we grabbed some dessert to munch on. Can you say "MMMMMMMmmmmm?!?!"
We had a fun time finding silly jokes to tell each other, even though it was actually pretty hard finding any joke books! Then we shared our dream vacations- mine has always been to go to Egypt to see all the pyramids and temples. And I learned that Chris' dream vacation is to go to Japan. I'd love to go there, too! Well, I'd love to go almost anywhere! I'm easy to please!
Last but not least we were supposed to find a love poem to read to our spouse that shared how we felt about them. Well that was easy for an English-Lit major! Not so easy for me... a very, very NOT English-Lit anything! Hahaha. Chris had his picked out in seconds, and I took some time fishing through the poetry isle, looking for any book titled "Love Poems" or "Inspirational Poems." Haha, I managed to find one, but let's just say Chris' was much better!
Oh, and my apologies to the Barnes and Noble lady who had to put all our books away... sorry we made such a mess! <3
Want to try this date out, too? Click HERE for the details!

What a fun date!!! I'm going to check out that site Amy!
ReplyDeleteThat is such a great idea! Thanks for the link and for sharing it with us. Keep on blogging!
ReplyDeleteI didn't know Chris wanted to go to Japan :) someday, we should all go to Japan together!! I can show you the greatest pastry shop ever made, Choco Cro! This sounded like so much fun :) I love you guys!
ReplyDelete