Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Showered With Love

These last few weeks have been so fun getting ready for Abby's arrival. And of course some of the best times were celebrating with friends and family at my baby showers. February 26th was my first shower, thrown by two amazing friends from my church!


Jenn and Shirley did an amazing job, and even served breakfast for all of us! Oh man, breakfast is soo my weakness! Jenn had some great games for us to play and of course plenty of time for opening gifts. It was so fun seeing all the cute girly things that Abby got, and I definitely can't wait to use them. But one of the best parts of the shower was Jenn's invitations. She sent out onsies as the invitation with a tag on them, asking each person to design/decorate a onsie for Abby! What a great idea! Then when each person came, she hung them on the wall for all to see! Somehow I managed to forget a picture of the onsie wall, but you can see some of them in the background while we were playing one of the relay races that Jenn made up!


They also did an amazing job with decorating and using my rubber ducky theme, which is what Abby's bathroom is designed around. And Shirley made THE.MOST.AMAZING. diaper cake I've ever seen. And I don't just say that because she's awesome. (And the picture barely does it justice)



It was so fun being able to celebrate my little blessing with all my awesome church ladies. I had such a great time, and loved every gift!

Then came the mother-load of all baby showers. March 12th my mom threw me a shower in Phoenix where people I've know for most of my lifetime were there! Friends from high school, old churches, and beauty school all came to celebrate with me! What a blast (from the past)! I think it literally took 2 hours just to open all my gifts, not to mention the twelve bags of clothes that came just from my mom! She had an outfit for every month of the year, each individually bagged with a saying for each month! It was too cute!


My mom had games to play as well, delicious food, and a cookie/brownie/ice cream bar! Can't beat that! Oh, and not to mention the yummy M&M centerpieces!


My aunt and cousin did a little devotion that encouraged me and my mom as we both transition into motherhood and grand-motherhood!


It was so fun being with all my friends and family and I was so grateful for everyone who made the effort to come!





And last but NOT least; my mother-in-law and sister-in-law threw me a party the next day, March 13th! Talk about an awesome weekend! This one was in Casa Grande with old friends and family from the O'Neil side. Caitlin did a great job with snacks and games, and as always, was a great host!





What an amazing group of women who took all the time, energy, and effort to put together a very special time for me, as well as Abby. We were blessed by everyone's generosity and can't wait to put all of it to good use! I had such a great time at all three events! Can we do it again?

...I think I just heard a groan from a far away distance...

No comments:

Post a Comment