Sunday, January 16, 2011

Rubber Ducky, You're the One!

So if anyone knows me, and knows me well enough, you'd know that I'm pretty creative. I like to create, I love art, and I love to decorate! But when it comes to a baby's room and bathroom, the brain goes into overdrive and I almost burn out before I even start! As soon as we found out we were having a baby girl I immediately updated my registry and found some super girly bedding and decorations for Abby's room. It was actually a struggle at first because I had become this super-picky monster who couldn't decide on anything. So once the bedding was picked out... well, then I had to pick out the bedroom paint. Once I managed to get through that I had one last feat to overcome. The bathroom. Yes, the bathroom that she wont even understand or appreciate for years to come. But her mom does. And her mom is picky. So I finally decided on a "rubber ducky" theme. So then the search on amazon, baby's-r-us, walmart, and target. Nothing. No cute rubber ducky things that passed my test of "cuteness." Then it hit me. Why don't I make my own decorations?!

So needless to say, I decided to take on my own artwork task and head to Michael's. I was able to get Chris to come along, which ended up making our Michael's endeavor even longer. But I say that in a positive way! We were laying pieces of wood, paint, ribbon all other the isle floors. He also made me think outside my very square, four-sided box and helped me pick out some very cute things! So after an hours plus of being in the store we finally managed to make up our minds and go for it!

And all of this typing to say... I LOVE IT! Probably the cutest things I've ever made in my life (well, next to Abby of course!)


Ok seriously, aren't these sooo cute? I love the buttons and flower details. They add so much to the cuteness factor!




I just love how they turned out. I couldn't be happier. Well, yes, I guess if it didn't cost as much as it did, but it was so worth it. And if it isn't obvious enough, I'm doing the bathroom in yellow and purple, which are two of my favorite colors! Now the next big project is actually painting the bathroom walls. But for now, I leave you with uber cuteness! You know you wish you had these! ;)


(yes, I really did make these! all by myself!!)

3 comments:

  1. So cute, I love 'em! I laughed so hard when you said that you'd become a monster because I was so picky too. I seriously hated every girly design until I found my precious pink snails. So exciting, glad you're having fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute- I especially like the buttons and flowers. I am also SO picky. We actually have found just about NOTHING in the stores that is "good enough" for our taste, so I think I'm (and maybe Tim too) gonna be making a lot of stuff myself to, haha. :) I'm looking forward to seeing all your decorating updates, so make sure you share them!

    ReplyDelete