My first trimester was incredibly rough with the sickness and emotional strains on our relationship. Thankfully God brought us through it together and used it to strengthen our marriage. I think this pregnancy has been the hardest thing our marriage has had to deal with. That might sound weak, but not if you knew the emotional mess I had become!
The 2nd trimester has been much better. Thankfully the sickness has pretty much subsided and I'm not quite the crazy emotional monster anymore. I have had to stop doing most of my hair clients due to the fact that the coloring was making me really sick. Ive still been cutting hair, but I've had to take that easy as well since I've been struggling a lot with back pain in this trimester. Sleep has become harder to obtain since my back has been sore, and poor Chris is down to only 1/3 of our bed now that me, my belly, and my two giant pillows take up the other 2/3!!
On Monday, November 19th we had our ultra sound. It was amazing to see our babies little hands and feet, head and body! The doctor said everything was looking great, and that baby O'Neil was looking healthy. That was a relief! We then had the doctor write down the sex of the baby since we decided we wanted to wait to find out along with our families! So we planned a party for the following Saturday to have the big "Gender Reveal!" I took the envelope that the doctor wrote on to the baker, and had the baker open and look at the sex of the baby. I then wrote down the names we had picked out for both a boy and a girl and told her to write the name of the baby on the cake. It turned out great, and she was super helpful! I think 98% of all people thought I was having a boy, so when the cake was revealed and we saw a wave of pink, I was definitely shocked! But we couldn't be more happy, and I'm a bit relived to have a girl first! She's already getting spoiled and she's not even born!
We are definitely excited as Christmas is almost here! The holidays are so much fun and we are excited to spend it with family. Chris and I have been talking about how much will be changing for us and how different even next year will be around this time! Now it's time for us to start our own holiday traditions and prepare for the many years of toys under the tree!
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to you!

No comments:
Post a Comment