Thursday, May 21, 2009

The Conclusion of Chapter One

I'm amazed at God's ability to change and soften hearts. Talking with my care group leader last night, I was greatly encouraged as he shared and explained how excited he was to see how my heart has been transformed. By God's grace, I've completely submitted to His desire and will for me as well as my husband's leadership role, and his desire for our future. Three years ago I was in tears with anger that we were leaving Phoenix to move to Tucson. I was sad leaving family to move to a place I knew no one. I was scared to transfer from an amazing job to a new store in a new city. I was unsure of life as I started a new chapter, being a wife instead of a bachelorette. Four major life changes has happend, and all at the same time. I was unprepared and extremely scared. But now, three years later, I thank God for that time- using it to stretch me, grow me, and mold me into a more loving and faithful follower of my Savior.

Chris graduated from Law School May 16th. As I watched him through tear-filled eyes gracefully walk the stage while his name was announced, I couldn't believe this time had come. It is over. Three years. We made it! The three years I once dreaded had turned into wonderful memories and amazing adventures. Graduating itself was a major accomplishment, but falling in love with a new city, holding dearly new friendships, and finding a church to call home is more than I could have imagined. And by God's grace only do we find ourselves starting Chapter Two in a whole new light.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Amy, so beautiful. Keep up the Voice for Him! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahh! this is so wonderful!!! this post made me almost cry! God is great! isnt crazy how in the time of hardship we think we cant handle this, we lose a little bit of trust. but what were we thinking! God knows a heck of alot more than we ever will! he sees the outcome.. we see the tiny little incriments and dwell on the negatives. God knows what hes doing. Go figure! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy, Dad and I feel so blessed to be your mother and father. As with your care leader, we have also watched as God has transformed our little girl into a woman of God. I often wonder why God has blessed us the way He has with you and Chris. We don't deserve this blessing but with a humble heart of praise we look on and say, "Oh but for the grace of God! Thank You, Lord!" Thanks for sharing your growth. I am still learning that it's through the tough times God molds this hard clay into a vase that shines with His beauty.
    I love you, Kiddo!

    ReplyDelete