Today has been an interesting day already- and it's only 10:30 am. I was awaken by a desperate cry from Chris when he ran into the room, face full of shaving cream and razor in hand, saying, "AMY!! OUR WATER TURNED OFF!!!" Since we were supposed to sign and be moved in to our new house already, I had scheduled water and gas to turn of Jan 5th. In all of the madness I of course forgot to call and reschedule. (Thankfully I at least remembered to call the power company!) So I called the water company and the lady on the other end annoyingly reprimanded me for not calling on Friday. After the spanking she tried to tell me how to turn the water back on myself- which just ended in her being more frustrated with me, and me still not know what in the world to do. So after a call to Chris to see what he knew, I talked to my dad who at least led me to the right direction. After a good twenty minutes of turning things and getting muddy from the rain- I was defeated. So I called our landlord and he decided he'd come down to see what he could figure out. While I was waiting, I figured I'd try to dig out all the dirt that hid the valves in the ground. As I used my Christmas-decorated paper cup to scoop out rocks, an angel appeared! Ok, not quite, but I must admit at this point He definitely looked like an angel to me. A man from the water company drove up right in front of me, got out of the truck, and knelt beside me. I asked him why he was here; he was coming to turn off the neighbors water since they didn't pay the bills!! So I asked him ever so kindly if he'd be willing to help me turn ours on because I just couldn't do it myself. So with a little twist here and a little twist there, he turned on our water!! I felt like giving him a big hug- but I knew that would be a bit strange- so I gave him a great big "THANK YOU" and of course my ever so convincing smile! He was more than happy to help, and even shared that the neighbors owed a whopping $155. Thank you neighbors for not paying your bills!! Haha!
Lesson to learn from today: If you don't pay your water bill, you might actually be helping out your neighbor. ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Praise God for His perfect timing!! :-) God is sooo good, isn't He?? He provides all we need, right when we need it. Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow!!
ReplyDeleteoops...today is only Monday....scratch tomorrow and see you Wednesday! :-)
ReplyDeleteIsn't it wonderful how God uses angels to help us see Him better? God has blessed and continues to bless us even when we don't see it. There is always something good that will come out of the hard times. Remember Dad's sayingm "Don't stare at the storm, instead squint to see the rainbow!" Boy, is that ever true.
ReplyDeleteLove you soooooooo much,
MOMMY