Side note: I recently went to the grocery store and the young man bagging my groceries decided he'd prefer to help me out by taking my groceries out to the car for me. While making small talk I found out he lived in AZ all his life, a life long Casa Grande resident, and a fellow hater of teenagers. (No, I don't hate them, but they can be extreeeemely annoying at times...) Then he states that he shouldn't hate teenagers since he's a teenager himself. "What?!" I ask. I thought he was at least early twenties, not too much younger than me, right? But no. He was nineteen. Nineteen. Then it hit me. I'm almost TEN years older than this kid. Then I proceeded to have a pity party on the way home as I realized I'm not the size 0 teenager I used to be. Anyways, back to Chris...
I decided to throw Chris a big birthday party for his 30th. He's not a huge fan of parties, but I was able to convince him that everyone needs a big party for their 30th. So I planned the Nerdy 30, complete with superhero decor. I always have a super fun time prepping for the parties. I love to decorate, and I love to bake. This time with an infant attached at the hip, things weren't as extravagant as I would have liked. But you can't deny the awesomeness of the Batman wreath that welcomed you in!
| Our front door Christmas wreath had super hero flare! |
We had a great time with family and friends that came to visit. Even some of our dear friends from Tucson made the trek up to our part of the woods. And it's never a dull moment when there's a photo booth around!
I also decided I'd try my hand and painting again. I can't remember the last time I've used a paintbrush and acrylics! I painted a Spiderman portrait to add to our upstairs Den- which is also decorated in superhero decor. Chris decided he needed a man cave with all these ladies filling up his house! So for his birthday I managed to complete a painting just for him! (With the last minute touches being done while my mother babysat for me. It's nearly impossible for me to sit down alone, let alone paint, without anyone's help! Thanks mom!)
One of the most important details (as far as us girls are concerned!) were the super cute headbands that we had custom made for the party! My sister-in-law makes awesome headbands (Posies by Cait) and we had to have some cute ones to match our super hero shirts! I'm sporting Batman, Abby has Superman, and Bell had Spiderman. We couldn't convince Chris to wear a Green Lantern one. Nor did I even try.
I know I had a great time, and I think I managed to throw a party that Chris enjoyed as well! Happy 30th birthday, babe!











No comments:
Post a Comment