Friday, October 28, 2011

Six Months- The Stats


Last week Abby had her 6 month doctors visit, but not until we had a little adventure. Her appointment was scheduled for Thursday, so we got all set to go- I even had her down to just her diapers since it's easier to visit the doctor without all the layers of cuteness. So off to the doctors we go, and as I approached and then turned the corner at a large, construction-filled intersection, my car decides there is no more will to go on, and stops. Yes, stops in the middle of a giant pit of orange cones and dirt, under the large Arizona sun. The only thing more frustrating was that I could see the light I needed to turn on to get to the doctors office, but there was no way of getting there. We were so close, but so far! Needless to say, we were stuck there for over an hour before the AAA guy arrived with my two gallons of gas that cost me $7. It was super toasty and it was extremely frustrating that they took so long, when I made sure to let them know I was in a hot car with a baby! And that is when I was thankful I had her down to just wearing her diaper and glad I had packed that cooled bottle of milk.

So we missed our appointment.

Thankfully my father-in-law was in town and was able to give me a ride the next day, since I didn't have the car. We made it to the doctors with no car issues and got in to see the nurse practitioner. On October 21 Abby weighed 17 lbs 10 oz, was 27 1/2 inches long, and had a head size of 45 cm. She was in the 98th percentile for head and height, and in the 80s for her weight. What a big girl!! She is growing up so fast- I can barely keep up!

She also got her 6 month shots, along with a flu shot. She was a super good sport and only cried for the flu shot. Unfortunately the flu shot knocked her out for the next few days- making her a little more tired and grumpy than usual, and topped with a fever. Poor baby. But she is strong and healthy now and enjoying her new solid foods!

No comments:

Post a Comment