Terribly dull. Sad really. I'm so glad we got adventurous and went to Lowe's. Chris did most of the hard work since he's the man and has muscles. But after a while those muscles started hurting, and that's when I came to the rescue. With my camera.
Look at him go! You can do it Chris! Only 3/4 of the yard to go! I was a great helper. But I did bust out the rake. I got to smooth out the dirt/compost/poo mixture.
One of the things Chris and I have realized about ourselves is that we love houses that back up to a street. The last house we lived in had a street behind our yard, and now this one does too. So many reasons we like it- but this could compete with the #1 reason: "no neighbors looking into your backyard while sunbathing." #2: you can throw dirt, dead grass, and sticks over the fence, and no one will know!! Shhhh!!! It's our secret. But if we do get caught... it was Chris. See? I have proof.
I can't believe I just threw my husband under the bus like that.
We finished off the hard work with the sprinkling of seed, not to be confused with the sprinkling of stardust, but the way this grass grows so fast and green is quite magical. We were tired and hot and sore, but we made the sprinkling festivities quite exciting. Almost magical, like sprinkling stardust.
And now you are begging to see the "after pictures" but I haven't yet journeyed out to the backyard to take a snapshot of the magical grass. But I will. And you will be amazed.

No comments:
Post a Comment