June 23, 2009 was our three year anniversary. Since it was on a Tuesday, we celebrated with a delicious dinner from one of our favorite little hole-in-the-wall Italian restaurant here in Tucson called Roma Cafe. I have actually met the head chef/owner a few times, since the restaurant is right next door to my old salon. We used to order lunch many times from Gino! We had a great time- celebrating with the best Tiramisu Chris has ever tasted. Even I liked it! If you like Tiramisu, you need to go to Roma Cafe to try some! Unfortunately I didn't get a picture, but you'll have to take my word that the food AND dessert was scrumptious! Oh, and not to mention FREE! Thanks Father O'Neil!
Since Chris has been studying hard and barely having room to breathe, the night was cut short. But before we left, we exchanged out cards and gifts, and Chris' card stated that "even though our celebration may be short, yours will continue..." I was excited as I saw the mini drawing at the end of the sentence. Was it really true?! The Mickey ears gave it all away! I was going to Disneyland! Chris so wonderfully planned an entire weekend for me and a friend to go spend time with family in California for that following weekend. I was incredibly excited and very eager to go, but also disappointed that I couldn't share my fun weekend with my husband. Graciously he reminded me that his schedule was booked with studying, and that he had been to California and Disneyland without me last summer. It helped me not feel as bad, but I still wanted him to go!
I am so blessed to have such a loving and caring husband. We have experienced so much these last three years, and I wouldn't trade them for anything.

No comments:
Post a Comment