Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Happy Birthday, Little Blueberry!


April 19th, 2012 Abigail turned one. My sweet baby girl became a big girl. She went from baby status to toddler status. And it happened all too fast.

Being the obsessive, artistic tyrant that I am, I decided to throw Abigail a birthday party. At first I thought that people who went all out for a one year old's birthday party were to be laughed at, but now I am one of them, and couldn't resist the desires for a massive celebration. I started about a month in advanced, working on decorations. Mainly because I used them for a photo shoot for her birthday invites. I went back and forth on decor options, ideas and themes, and I couldn't really settle. So I chose all the colors possible! A bright, cheery theme based on all of the basic colors of the rainbow. Ta-da! Then I didn't have to settle on one color theme. Boo-ya.



We threw her party on Saturday the 21st, and had a blast sharing the time with some of our closest friends and family. I wish everyone could have come to party, but I don't think we could have afforded to feed the masses!


Abby loved all the attention, and I enjoyed seeing her get excited over each new gift she opened. She's definitely my little girl!I loved all the cute little outfits she received, as well as all the awesome toys. I think her toy collection expanded double-fold! This little girl is loved. Loved = spoiled is more like it. But in the end, it was worth every minute I put into it, baking, decorating, crafting, and photo taking. I love throwing parties! Is it her 2nd birthday yet??



Here are two links to a video montage I put together of her birthday. I couldn't help it- it's total cuteness. If you have the time and watch it, I hope you enjoy it! I could tear up every time!
Abby's Birthday, Pt 1
Abby's Birthday, Pt 2

1 comment:

  1. That cake is awesome! And her face while eating the cupcake is priceless. :)

    ReplyDelete