It's that time again where I say "time flies" and when the life button gets stuck on fast forward and you can't find the remote to slow it down. I'm not sure where the past month went- but here I am, finally back (hopefully!) at a more intentional blogging experience. So here we go... *ahem*
This weekend was an experience and a half. We were in Phoenix for my cousin's wedding, and I was in charge of doing the bride's hair. I'm not gonna lie- when you have the weight of someone else's hair on your shoulders, it's a big deal. And family? Even bigger. If something goes wrong, you can't discount it for free and send them on their way to never see them again. No. It's already free. And you're stuck seeing them for eternity.
Chris and I drove up to Gilbert to stay with some other cousins so that my cousin Jaime and I could leave early in the morning to head down to the wedding spot and crank out hair do's. There were a total of eight updos, and thankfully I only did 2 and a half. Oh, and I forgot to mention a teeny, tiny detail. I was sick. Ah yes. Lightheaded and all. Thank you Jaime for kicking butt and whipping those 'do's out like there was no tomorrow.
I think she was happy to be done.
So the experience was one not to be forgotten easily, but praise be to our Lord that Bekah looked beautiful as ever for her big special day.
The wedding was gorgeous with the earthy scenery of the Saguaro Lake around us and the giant cliffs that protruded behind.
I am sad I was sick enough that I couldn't last more than a couple songs on the dance floor, but I think Chris was more than grateful for my congestion at that point. If you know anything about this side of my family, it's that we love to dance at weddings. And I was so excited for it- but my poor head could barely support my own updo. So the night ended a bit early for us, but resulted in a great night's sleep, and a fun and relaxing Sunday.

No comments:
Post a Comment