Every Christmas season my parents try to get together with us to celebrate Chris and my birthdays. This year we got together on the 6th and ate at El Charro Cafe (one of our Tucson favorites!) and swapped birthday gifts! But this year was a bit different! We got to have Chris' parents with us as well, and we also had a sneaky surprise under our sleeves! But I'll get to that surprise later!
Chris got a Batman shirt and hat, a very large book "vault" containing all the DC secrets and a book by Neil Gaiman from my parents, and I gave him his Left 4 Dead 2 birthday gift early (gotta love those video game titles). My parents got me a new wardrobe. And I'm not gonna lie, I needed it badly! Actually they gave me an Ireland wardrobe, complete with scarfs and all. I am very happy. And you can't forget this darling accessory:
So cute. Chris got me an assortment of Nikon accessories, that way me and my Nikon will be very fashionable as we head to Ireland. I've already used the remote which I LOVE, as well as the spare battery, mini tripod, cleaning kit, and all that other fun stuff to keep my D40 looking spiffy! Oh, and not to mention a European charger for the battery. What a smarty pants!!!
After dinner and our gift exchange, it was time to give our parents our early Christmas present! We took them to the Mannheim Steamroller concert! They were all really excited and we all enjoyed the concert a lot! I tried to sneak in a few pictures, but the only decent picture I got of the live show was this
But that is proof enough to show that we were there, and the music was rockin'! Click HERE, turn up your speakers and stare at that picture. It will feel like you were there!! We then went and enjoyed coffee at starbucks and met up with Chris' brothers.
I have to confess that I was a bit nervous- hoping that our parents would enjoy the concert, but I don't know why I even had a tiny concern since they all love music and Christmas- so what's better than combining the two with Mannheim!! We had a great time and loved spending it with our families!

No comments:
Post a Comment