Saturday, September 19, 2009

A Perfect Match

I find it so interesting that Chris knows me better than I know myself. At least most of the time.

When we started dating, I barely ate food. I ate food, don't get me wrong, but it was what I ate that was disturbing. Working in a mall, living on your own, and being 20 calls for lonely dinners. But that's what Chick-fil-a is for. And Taco Bell when you only have $0.83 in your car. And don't forget McDonald's. Their fries and shakes. Mmmmmm.

Do you see the problem? No, not the greasy, fatty, bad-for-you problem. The other one. Where's the excitement? Where's the drama? Where's the steaks and the fish and the Mongolian beef? It's sad really. I had no idea. No taste buds but the burnt out fast-food loving buds. They still are awarded their long sought after loves, but not as often as twice a day like the old days. No. We have grown up. We are strong. We are new! (Ok, way off subject here. *ahem*)

But Chris. Yes, him. He changed me. He made me new. No longer craving for the fat-filled cheese burger or the lard-lumped bean burritos. No. We created new taste buds. The kind that crave delicious and juicy ribs, spicy spaghetti, and savor salmon. See what I was missing all my life? My lack of adventure and security blanket of the things I knew and already loved prevented me from trying new foods. Eh... more like laziness. But both are accurate, and similar. Right?

I trust Chris with any and every food choice I make. What should I order for dinner, Chris? I don't like any of this stuff. And after two seconds of reviewing the menu he has 32 options that I would like. I like that kind of food? And he's right. Always.

3 comments:

  1. :) I love this. From the heart, what makes you a perfect match :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes...how we thank the Lord for our Christopher! The man of your dreams and the man of your mom and dad's prayers.

    MOM

    ReplyDelete