As you can assume, I arrived safely, and made it to JFK airport in one piece, only leaving about 8 ounces behind on the plane. The day was already more than halfway gone once I arrived. I was picked up by my friend, Kerrie, and we spent the last hours enjoying the amazing weather, great barbecued food, and my friend's family.
The next day was the big day. We were off to New York City. By the time we drove, parked, walked, bought our tickets, and were on the tour bus, the day was half way over. (I am sensing a trend here) But I enjoyed every minute of that day. They could have left me there and I would have been perfectly happy. Just maybe not once it was 2 am and I was alone on the streets hanging with the homeless peeps. Anyways, putting the awful food aside, it was an awesome experience. Now I just need to plan another vacation for a 10 week journey just so I can see all of NYC. It's insane. I don't know how people work there, let alone live there.
The following day was a relaxing day, and the first half of was pretty much gone by the time we woke up, drove around and found a place for lunch (surprise surprise). I was Kerrie's shadow that day and followed her around to all the places she wanted to visit- since she's from NY. I think I met more people in NY that I didn't know than I've met anywhere else!
Thursday was beach day, and we drove to Robert Moses Beach in Long Island. We were excited to catch some sun and relax, but once we got there (can you guess around what time?) it was freezing cold and windy! So much for catching some sun. I don't even think the sun even came out to say hi that day. We still relaxed and laid by the beach- and I thought it was really fun to watch all the kids running in the warm water but coming out freezing their tooshies off.
Friday was an eventful day that finally lead us home into our own beds. It was a fun trip- and I'm really excited I got to go. I finally got to experience New York- and now I'll know what to do and where to go the next time I visit!
Want to see ALL my NY photos? Click HERE
Want to see my Photography from NY? Click HERE

I just viewed your photos & I love them. There's so many I can say are my favorite, but I really like the "Talking to Myself" one's.
ReplyDelete