Sunday, February 15, 2009

Using My Gifts

Being in our church has really challenged me to learn how to use my God-given gifts to serve others. I started off slowly by announcing to my care group that I do hair- and that I'd love to serve them by being the "Care Group Hair Designer." I have had the opportunity to get to know the ladies better by the time spent doing their hair- and I have enjoyed it greatly. But with great work comes great rewards, and I have already had a few other ladies from the church interested in my scissorhands along with other friends I know in town. So now that I actually have a rising interest, I have created mini service cards to hand out to my future clients who would like the info. (I think I've been watching too much Martha Stuart!)

I have also had the opportunity to start a new ministry at church with another friend Jenn, (appropriately called JenAm Ministries) and we are assisting the pastors at church on a weekly basis helping them do little ends and odds of jobs that aren't being done due to short staff. This last week was our training/review week, and we will officially start working this coming week for a few hours, once a week. I feel blessed to be able to serve our church and use my time wisely.
I am also on a current job hunt for a part-time job for this coming summer. Chris will graduate in May, but will have the entire summer eaten up by bar exam classes and studies, thus needing another way to bring in the bacon. I have been struggling with finding anything that looks appealing and fitting in to my very particular specifications and desires for a job. God has been hearing a lot from me lately! It has been hard to be willing to give up my freedom and have a desire to work, but I know it is what I am called to do for this season of my life. I am trusting God will provide a place for me as I search the world wide web for Tucson summer job opportunities!

3 comments:

  1. Good luck with the job search. I don't miss that process at all... I'll be praying for ya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Listening to God and being obedient are areas of my Christian walk that I am being challenged in. He wants so much for me yet desires obedience. I am becoming more and more challenged with the awareness of the differences between my desires and His will. Deep awarenesses that bring to the table responsibilities. As my saying says, "With knowledge comes responsibilities". I will pray that God will show you what and where you are to be during this time while Chris is studying and not able to work. I love you both but know that God loves you so much more :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You, my little girl are a gift from God. Truly you are! Dad and I are watching with amazement at how God is using you for His glory. I am proud to be your Mom and even more proud than Dad and me is the Lord. Growing and serving and giving, all for the Lord, is where it's at. I know He is pleased with both you and Chris. Keep on loving & serving.

    MOMMY

    ReplyDelete